Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Folly of a Boy's Empty Mind


Welcome back to Boston. Its good to be home.

My first time seriously travelling during the holidays. Three $13 jack and cokes at the airport bar helped smooth over the edges of a reeeeeal rough red eye across the country, replete with screaming babies and fights for seat space with the creepy 8 year old sitting next to me.

Back in Beverly with the fam and a hearty nap before hitting Beantown for the Celtics-Magic game. I'm so glad i saw this team play in Boston in this historic season. 29-3, wtf!!!??!! They only won 24 games total last season.

My camera wore drunk goggles.
The Magic handed the C's one of their 3 losses earlier this season. Here's wunderkind Dwight Howard at the line with KG looking ready to rip someone's head off underneath the hoop. The intensity was palpable. Such positive vibes in Boston sports this year. A Red Sox World Series, the Patriots going for a legendary 19-0 season to pick up their 4th superbowl, and for the first time in 20 years the Celtics matter. What a year for me to move 3000 miles away.

The cheerleaders dressed in santa outfits.
Old friends, it's good to be home.
Pull your pants up KG! Thanks for a great game, see you in Oakland come February.

Festivus at the Cohen's. Somehow my parents always find the most random yet completely appropriate gifts. Here's my brother Jay with a prosthetic middle finger.

My brother James got a remote control rat he immediately named Eric Mangini. Thats what you get for tattling on the best coach in the history of the NFL!
Mike approves of two strangers deeply involved in a New Years dry hump. I wish I had more pictures from this night but my camera sucks and I was heavily medicated. Addendum to my New Year's Resolution list: buy a Powershot.

I hope everybody had a nice holiday season. Tom, Derrick, Mike, great to see you guys in SF. Sara, Chris, sounds like you had a good time ringing in the new year, let's hang out soon. Annie, hurry up and come back so we can commit to an all Miki diet for the rest of January.

No comments: