Monday, December 29, 2008

2008: The Year of Fatigue and Missing Time



2008 was exhausting. 2008 flew by really fast! Seriously, can you believe 2008 is over??? Joel strong-armed me into posting some year end lists. Soooo without further ado... in no particular order...

Music That Got Me Through 2008:
1. Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debby, Moonbeams, and Sunday at the Village Vanguard
2. Ahmad Jamal - Live at the Pershing Lounge, 1958
3. Philip Glass - Solo Piano
4. The Walkmen - You and Me
5. gas - Nah Und Fern
6. The Field - From Here We Go Sublime
7. Crystal Stilts - Alight of Night
8. Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas
9. Yo Yo Ma - Bach: The Cello Suites
10. Frederic Chopin - Preludes
11. Daniel Johnston - Welcome to My World
12. She & Him - Volume One
13. Madlib - Mind Fusion Vol. 4
14. NO AGE - Nouns
15. Blonde Redhead - 23

Best Things I Watched in 2008:
1. War Photographer
2. No Country for Old Men
3. They Live
4. The Dark Knight
5. 30 Rock
6. The Wire
7. Human Giant
8. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Things that Happened in 2008 that I Feel Good About:
1. Became a PhD Candidate
2. Finished editing a book
3. Traveled to China
4. GFBF
5. Defended my dissertation proposal
6. Taught my own real college course
7. First black president
8. Got a RICH grant to put on a cool poster show in Providence and Boston
9. Finished my Teaching Certificate at Brown
10. Taught two secondary school classes (Quincy High & Paul Cuffee Middle School)
11. Conrad and Irene, husband and wife

Goals for 2009:
1. Lose weight and develop healthy habits
2. Don't work so hard. Learn to relax!
3. Take control of my finances
4. Simplify and unclutter my life

Bill Evans Trio, Waltz for Debby:



No comments: